Playdate: Grinding through 'Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5'
The reviews are in and Tony Hawk‘s Pro Skater 5 is… not looking good. When I played the game in Chicago earlier this year, it was fine. There were a few glitches here and there, sure, but it was an early version of the game and that’s to be expected. The game crashed a few times, but it wasn’t anything like I’ve seen in various videos that’ve surfaced online this week. It’s a sad state of affairs that games are releasing this buggy and possibly broken even two years into the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One’s lifecycle. There is light at the end of this tunnel though: You can save yourself some grief by watching Sean Buckley and myself broadcast the game this afternoon instead of buying it for yourself. What’s more, we have four skateboard decks signed by Tony Hawk himself to giveaway! Join us for both starting at 6pm ET / 3pm PT.
You can join us here on this post, the Engadget Gaming homepage or, if you want to chat, head over to Twitch.tv/joystiq and hit the heart button under the video window while you’re there. To enter the contest, head to the Rafflecopter widget below, but don’t forget to read the rules at the bottom of the post. Good luck!
[We’re streaming Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 on Xbox One, through OBS. It’ll assuredly look better on your console at home, but we can’t make any promises for how it plays.]
- Entries are handled through the Rafflecopter widget above. Comments are no longer accepted as valid methods of entry. You may enter without any obligation to social media accounts, though we may offer them as opportunities for extra entries. Your email address is required so we can get in touch with you if you win, but it will not be given to third parties.
- Contest is open to all residents of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18 or older! Sorry, we don’t make this rule (we hate excluding anyone), so direct your anger at our lawyers and contest laws if you have to be mad.
- Winners will be chosen randomly. Four (4) winners will each receive one (1) Tony Hawk Full Skull 8.0 skateboard deck (signed by Tony Hawk).
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email. Winners must respond within three days of being contacted. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen. Make sure that the account you use to enter the contest includes your real name and a contact email. We do not track any of this information for marketing or third-party purposes.
- This unit is purely for promotional giveaway. Engadget and AOL are not held liable to honor warranties, exchanges or customer service.
- The full list of rules, in all its legalese glory, can be found here.
- Entries can be submitted until October 1st at 8:00PM ET. Good luck!